Advancing Basic Science for Humanity
Science at the atomic scale, The Kavli Foundation supports pioneering research aimed at understanding our micro-universe and creating new materials, machines and substances that benefit humanity.
Kavli Nanoscience Institutes
The nanoscience institutes are uncovering the scientific possibilities of this young field, and applying these discoveries to areas as diverse as bionanoscience and materials fabrication. There are currently four institutes:
- Kavli Institute at Cornell for Nanoscale Science
- Kavli Nanoscience Institute at the California Institute of Technology
- Kavli Institute of Nanoscience at Delft University of Technology
- Kavli Institute for Bionano Science and Technology at Harvard University
- Kavli Energy NanoSciences Institute at the University of California, Berkeley and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Kavli Prize in Nanoscience
The Kavli Prize in Nanoscience is awarded for outstanding achievement in the science and application of the unique physical, chemical and biological properties of atomic, molecular, macromolecular and cellular structures and systems manifested in the nanometer scale. This includes molecular self-assembly, nanomaterials, nanoscale instrumentation, nanobiotechnology, macromolecular synthesis, molecular mechanics and related topics. The Kavli Prize consists of a scroll, medal and cash award of one million dollars.
Futures Symposia and Frontiers in Science
The Kavli Futures Symposia a series of high quality scientific symposia on topics of emerging importance in the fields of astrophysics, nanoscience and neuroscience. The Frontiers of Science symposia bring together some of the very best young scientists across many disciplines to share and discuss exciting advances and opportunities in their fields.