Convening Principles and Protocols
A core approach to fulfilling our mission is to bring people together to exchange ideas and discuss opportunities to advance science for the beneﬁt of humanity. We include people with different backgrounds and experiences to enrich the conversations and contributions to all meetings organized or funded by The Kavli Foundation. We ask that all meeting participants adhere to the following principles and protocols.
- Welcome, invite and include all people to participate.
- Be present.
- Listen respectfully and actively.
- Value diverse perspectives.
- Respect confidentiality.
- Act in a professional manner.
- Be accountable for your interactions.
- Report any concerns or misconduct.
The below outlines requirements for any person attending and/or organizing a meeting or event at The Kavli Foundation Conference Center. The Kavli Foundation will follow federal and local requirements (LA County) and encourage any person attending a meeting/event to review these guidelines before arriving onsite.
- All persons must be vaccinated against COVID.
- Bring proof of vaccination status and be prepared to share prior to or at the event if/as requested.
- Take a rapid COVID test the day of the scheduled event, regardless of any previous tests taken. See action steps below if the test result is positive.
- Mask wearing is encouraged but currently not required. Guidance is subject to change and will follow federal and local requirements accordingly. Masks will be provided as needed.
Any questions should be directed to [email protected].